Wednesday, January 28, 2009

a diva, i'm a troll i guess & do it to me one more time

You know we love Lottie Sue. We love her more than life itself. But she has been a DIVA this week. Diva as in if her blanket is 6 inches from her and she will not get it, she wants US to get it for her. And if you do not get it then she lets out a blood curdling scream while starring at you in the eyes. But of course we can't get it because we would only reward that behavior, so that equals a lot of screaming. And we were told that she may be a little off-schedule for a week or two (two? I shudder at the thought) since the hospital. We think this stems from her being in a bed, unable to get out for a week; and we doted on her, bringing her anything she needed. I know she still doesn't feel 100% so we are taking this in stride but since this is her "scrapbook" I feel the need to document these times for later in her life when I will use it in one of those look what you put me through so let's go easy on mommy and daddy on this, ok? moments. I will save it for when she asks for a belly button ring (the answer: never).

Anywho, when you look at this little girl you may ask how in the world she could be a diva...


the adorable lottie sue
(this is her "school" photo taken at pdo)

I actually wrote that last Friday and she is better now, but I'm keeping it in here for posterity. She's as cute as ever (evidence, see above) but have developed a tad bit of an attitude. I hope it fades. Her first sentence happened the other day, it was: mick, moe, peez, GOOOOOOO (growling). That translates in to "dear mommy, i would love a bit more milk at your earliest convenience if it's not too much trouble, please and thank you!"

I took her to a puppet show at our library yesterday afternoon and she was very much into it. There was a king puppet and she kept yelling PAPAW over and over when he spoke (he had a beard like Papaw). And then much to my dismay she screamed MOMMY and pointed when a troll came in the scene. I guess I won't take that personally. The other day Matt drew a pig and he asked her what it was, she said "Daddy!" and I about died from laughing.

And I have for you one of Matt's childhood drawings. He's good people, very good. He drew a photo of me on Sunday and I'll put it up here for you in the next few days. But his old drawings go back to him being 5 or 6 I believe. I give you high art...



do it to me one more time
(this one is my fave from the portfolio, it really cracks me up)

Here are a few items of interest for your to check out:
I hope your day is going well, I will post more this week (more artwork from MowMow on the way)!

2 comments:

Michele said...

I love the posting.. keep it up!

meganvenablesmith said...

Auntie Megan will go with her to get her belly ring.