Tuesday, November 4, 2008

do it to julia & a matter of life and death

If you like great music then you should buy the new CD from Do It To Julia (after you're there click on the store link to the left of the screen). Here is the link to their face book page and here is the link to their myspace page. You can listen to a few songs on either site, so check it out.

I think they are really great, if I didn't I wouldn't put this up. I know I could be a tad bit biased because vocals/fiddle member Halli Anderson is Matt's cousin, but I'm not. They've worked so hard on this and it's very exciting! THEY ARE GREAT!

click on this image to buy a great cd by a great band

I also want to share with you one the most moving pieces of literature I've ever read. This essay is by Marjorie Williams and was featured in Vanity Fair (my favorite periodical) in October of 2005.

a matter of life and death

I read it and tore out the piece, tucked it away and found it the other day when I was cleaning in the office. I've thought about this woman and her family often throughout the years. Click A Matter of Life and Death by Marjorie Williams, then print it out and read it. It's an intimate account of what it feels like to observe - and live - one’s own dying. Her writing displays wit, intelligence and grace.

And on a much lighter note...

For you coupon cutters out there...if you sign up for emails from
kmart they will send you two $5 coupons. They have a ton of toys plus the Martha Steward items, I plan on going there for a few things for holiday gifts.

OK, I know everyone voted - exciting times!

No comments: