Thursday, February 14, 2008

Cupid's Gonna Get You, Design*Sponge & Harlan is 11 Months Old

Happy Valentine's Day!

Is this the cutest Cupid you've ever seen or what? We know, it's almost too much. Cuteness squared. Then multiplied by a gazillion. Then squared again.

Ready, Aim...FIRE!

And in other very exciting news for us - our chair is going to be featured on Design*Sponge.

YES, you heard me right. Last Friday at lunch Carrie mentioned that I should submit it to a design blog and I went home and did just that. I received a response from Grace at Design*Sponge a few hours later. She loves loves loves the chair and wanted to use it on her site. I can't tell you how excited I am, I've been on a high for days. I wasn't sure if/when she was going to use it but after several emails back and forth of information gathering they've given us a date.

So tomorrow you will have to check out the site to see our chair - I don't think it will be on the front page but I know for sure it will be on the "before & after" link. And you know I'm going to make a blog post out of it so don't worry about forgetting, I will make it very obvious for you.

And can you believe that Harlan is 11 months old??? I can't. Becce and Mike sent over photos of their growing boy and I've pasted them below for your enjoyment. Harlan is such a cutie pie! And please note that Becce had funny captions and I can't remember them exactly (plus I'm too lazy to go back and look them up) but I'm doing my best.

Tell me, Clarice — have the lambs stopped screaming?

Harlan "petting" Scarlet

Driving without a license

Stinkpot face

Cutie pie H-dub

And I mentioned Lottie Sue's tooth coming in, Matt got a money shot tonight during her Valentine photo shoot. Here it is, it was after her cereal so please forgive her grubby face.

Dear Tooth Fairy, I hope you're a big spender

And speaking of the Tooth Fairy, it reminded me of a "This American Life" that really cracked me up. I think the subject was something about talking to kids and their logic. A woman told a story of how, when she was 7 or so, found out about the Tooth Fairy. She was over at her best friend and neighbor's house one day. Her friend told her the night before she put her tooth under her pillow - and in the middle of the night her father came into her room and put $1 under her pillow! But instead of thinking that the jig was up, she used perfectly valid evidence and arrived at the perfectly incorrect conclusion that her neighbor, Mr. Jones (or whatever the name), was the actual tooth fairy. For years she believed it and would try to keep her cool around him, never wanting him to find out she knew who he really was. That's funny stuff.

Oh yeah, I am soliciting awkward photos of anyone that is brave enough to share. Let's have a laugh, shall we? Listen, I put my Dixie Stampede shot up and it was BAD BAD BAD. I have a really good one of Becce somewhere in this house where she is sporting a mullet "do" while wearing rose-colored glasses (AND a Cosby sweater if memory serves but I can't confirm that piece). I am desperately trying to locate it, I think it got packed away. But I will find it...oh yes...wah ha ha...

Alright, have a super duper Thursday - Friday is right around the corner! Whee!



3 comments:

Carrie C said...

OMG-Design Sponge-that's a big time-huge traffic blog...your are BIG TIME:) -clc

design*sponge said...

you're on the front page, jen ;)

grace

Jamie said...

cupid is adorable! and you guys are celebraties on two accounts now recently - woolly worm and chair! i just found some great old photos recently of the first time i met you, jen. awesome. i believe it was new years 2001 - sonoma restaurant in charlotte. preparty at carson's. i'll try to scan and share soon. we were both hotties, of course. ;) miss you guys!!