don't be scared, happy birthday to becce & the obligatory pumpkin patch trip
boo - wahhh ha haaaaa Do you like our pumpkins? I think they are pretty neat, Rowdy has the little one there with Lottie Sue having the next biggest and then Matt's is on the left and mine is on the right. We let Lottie Sue draw her face and then Matt carved it exactly - not bad for a two-year old. We did have to say "draw a circle HERE" in order to have it resemble a face but that is acceptable.
Oh yes, and I must say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Becce - whee! She is recovering from a nasty gallbladder attack/gallbladder removal but will still enjoy the day. We love you!!!
why yes. yes, they are. Matt is responsible for the image above, he made it for Becce's 25th birthday (I think). It never gets old...
I'll post the carving selection of photos below, but first let me share with you photos from our pumpkin patch trip. I started going to pumpkin patches once I had kids. It is simply what you do. It sure is fun though. Lottie Sue, of course, loves it and then so of course WE love it. Good, family fun. The weather was perfect and this particular patch was right down the street, it made it easy for us since we have a newborn.
Check out our trip!
punkins punkins everywhere
lottie sue checking out the gourds
she finds the perfect "baby punkin" for baby brother
lottie sue outside the punkin shack express,
she thought it was the bees knees
lottie sue in the midst of a pumpkin gathering
here i am with a weird look on my face holding rowdy
lottie sue and her daddy
oh my, lookee what we found in the pumpkin patch - rowdy mowrer!
lottie sue had to touch every pumpkin there
matt and the kids
matt and rowdy
lottie sue flashing that million dollah smile Matt, Rowdy and Lottie then go investigate the other produce available...


lottie sue looked in every single basket We concluded the trip with everyone picking out their very own pumpkin. Lottie Sue found this most exciting.
"i wahn dis one"
lottie sue helps matt find the perfect one
seriously, look at her - she is about to explode
Here we are carving the pumpkins - it was FUN. We have about 1,000 pumpkin seeds that I am going to dress and bake this evening. YUM. Eating pumpkin seeds takes me back...
mr. pumpkin gets knifed
lottie sue draws her face with the help of matt/daddy
she then knifes her own pumpkin with a butter knife(this was a staged photo - no emails, please)
we let her scoop out the insides - she LOVED
doing this and did a very good job BTW
sticky fun
voila, lottie sue's punkin is finished and ready for halloween
Well, there you have it. It's all Halloween all the time over here in Mowrerland. Lottie Sue likes to run around yelling "Hap Halloween" and we like it, too.
2 comments:
Is this the patch on Middlebrook?? I need to pick up pumpkins and this place looks PERFECTO!!
YOU LET LOTTIE SUE USE A KNIFE?! I'M TURNING YOU IN TO THE DH....What's that? Butter knife? Never mind.
Post a Comment