Tuesday, May 12, 2009

i wish lottie would stop growing, megan refuels, kat is a celebrity & ooh la la

This photo was taken on May 16, 2008 - almost exactly a year ago. I am crying as I type this, why do little ones have to grow so fast? GEEZ!

eating her (still) favorite meal, pesto tortellini

This photo was taken this morning, look how much she has grown in a year. See why I'm freaking out?!?!

lottie sue eating her awfuls (waffles) this morning

And here we have Lottie Sue this morning toting one of her baby dolls around. She has two right now that are in rotation. If you ask her how many she has she says "one two! one two!" - we are working on counting to ten.

lottie sue with baby #1

For your enjoyment, please see a few photos of Megan in a plane that is about to refuel another plane. She's in some type of leadership organization and all they do is cool stuff (i.e. ride alongs with the po-po, refueling flights and etc.). I stole these from her crackbook page.

megan in a flight suit (awesome)

megan in the cockpit

More news on friends...The McNicholas family hasn't been gone that long and have already taken their new town by storm. Kat and Jasper made the paper this week, and look good doing so...

"mcnicholas says the downtown proposal is a fun and great idea"

And you might have caught on that I haven't been taking many photos since the zoo...I promise to start snapping away (starting today).

SO I went into our database of memories and have a few photos from our trip out West, our visit to Bryce Canyon in Utah. It was a leg of our Vegas/Grand Canyon/Bryce Canyon/Zion trip that we took with Matt's parents a few years ago. It was such a great trip and I could talk and talk and talk about everything we did and saw. I will add those photos in eventually since this blog is our family scrapbook.

Matt and I took a hike down into the canyon and Matt's parents stayed up top to take in the scenery. Dad said that a tour bus full of Parisians arrived and they all walked over to the main lookout, then all at once they started saying "ooh la la" - that really cracked me up.

But anywho, if you happen to be planning a trip out that way I can recommend visiting Bryce Canyon. It's close to the above-mentioned places and it is super WIGGY there! I have NEVER seen landscape like it. It's like an alien planet. See for yourself...

this is the canyon, they call these pillar things hoodoos

matt and i went on a hike down through hoodooville

everything is a brilliant orange (go vols)

matt hiking between hoodoos that are about 50ft here

an above shot

a self portrait

I hope you enjoyed those, thank goodness us Mowrers take 5,000 photos per trip. We have an endless supply to share with you.

Here is a funny story speaking of self portraits: One time I was in DC and was staying at the Sofitel, I was about to get ready for a gala and I noticed that the lighting in the bathroom mirror was the BEST lighting ever. I looked so good and I am so not kidding. I proceeded to take 143 photos of myself. True story.

1 comment:

Michele said...

The last paragraph left me laughing ecstatically... thanks for the smile! :)